Twitting... this post!

Friday, December 10, 2010

SIXX DESIGN AND NOVOGRATZ FAMILY

BUY THIS BOOK AT AMAZON
Robert & Cortney Novogratz and the front cover of their book: DOWNTOWN CHIC Designing Your Home: From Wreck to Ravishing



Last week during one of my “bookstore therapy” sessions I found this book about design _ DOWNTOWN CHIC – Designing Your Dream Home: From Wreck to Ravishing by Robert and Cortney Novogratz with Elizabeth Novogratz. I pulled the book from the book shelf, flipped the pages… and the “funk hip chic style” shown in the pictures got my attention right away. The citations of famous people on almost every page were also a grabbing point for me! However, what made me buy the book was the fact that I got really curious about the stories behind each project done by this so cool couple over the past 10 years...especially the story of the house in Brazil {of course that would be a MUST for me}. The stories of the projects are not just regular interior design projects, but are gut renovations! In a few words I would say that the book is about transformation & salvation of properties, furnishings and objects… with a little bit more: it’s a story of two people who have been self teaching design and have been “building” an extensive family. REALLY, they are incredible, especially knowing that they have done these fantastic residential projects and at the same time raising 7 kids! YES, I said RAISING 7 KIDS in a mega crazy fast city like New York! For me that’s incredible! I confess that while reading the book I had mixed feelings about it all: I felt both envious and inspired. However I decided to stick with the positive feeling: they became this kind of reference of inspiration for me! In both ways: from a design point of view, and a personal side. I became a BIG fan of the Sixx Design, and the Novogratz Family! I wish all the best for them and hope one day I will meet them in person! SAVE THE WACKY HOUSES!

PROJECT: #5 CENTER MARKET















PROJECT: 400 WEST







In the picture above you can not see the whole art work unfortunatley, but it says:
FAMILY




A NOTE FROM THE FAMILY:





2 comments:

  1. I adore what they have created for their family. It is so delightful.

    Renata, Do come and enter my Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

IF YOU LIKE THIS POST... SHARE IT! THANKS!

Share |

ATTENTION: POST A COMMENT

Your comments are very important for me! They inspire me to keep going... If you get a RED message: "Your request could not be processed. Please try again." Just hit the POST COMMENT button again. Thanks!















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...