Twitting... this post!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

CITY COMMUNTITY KITCHEN - A Green & Social Design Proposal

I have been learning a bit in my “Sustainable Design Entrepreneur Workshop”… which I am taking at Fashion Institute of Technology/NY. This last week we had a group assignment to develop, which turned to be quite interesting at the end. The project that was supposed to be done in group did not really quite work in a group.  But I ended up partner with with one of the people, Diana Lee. It was a good combination... between my skills in developing concepts and her speciaty in Kitchen & Bath..  It seemed like we liked to work with each other; it's been fun and I might making my new friend.  The assignment/project still in development, but I would love to share with you what we have created so far. The assignment was to start studying a concept for a “green building”, and search for materials that we would use in this space… After defining the materials we should do a research about the source of these materials, and also find out about the harvesting or process of manufacture of them… So first, we (the group) assigned to each element of the group what each would be working with. Diana and I decided to work with the “atrium” of the building. So, again, the concept idea for this area turned out to be quite interesting (in my opinion). I am really excited about the project and I wish (be careful what you wish for… they say…) this could be a real building, a real project. I think it would turn out to be a great concept to work with.
Below follow the images of the idea… with information about the raw materials… Next assignment is to try to substitute the initial materials for more “green materials”. The intention is to build this structure causing less impact in the environment.























No comments:

Post a Comment

IF YOU LIKE THIS POST... SHARE IT! THANKS!

Share |

ATTENTION: POST A COMMENT

Your comments are very important for me! They inspire me to keep going... If you get a RED message: "Your request could not be processed. Please try again." Just hit the POST COMMENT button again. Thanks!















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...