Twitting... this post!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

TIGER TEMPLE







Today when checking my emails I found out about the “Tiger Temple”, or Wat Pha Luang Ta Bua, is a Buddhist temple in Western Thailand which keeps numerous animals, among them several tigers that can be pet by visitors. I got fascinated about it… Oh… I always wanted to hug a lion or a tiger, and I thought that’s something I could NEVER experience in my life… Well, I think, we should never think about never… there is always a possibility!

“According to the abbot and others associated with the temple, in 1999, the temple received the first tiger cub; it had been found by villagers and died soon after. The story goes that several tiger cubs were later given to the temple over time, typically when the mothers had been killed by poachers, others who wanted to get rid of their tiger "pets" or those were under pressure to do so as laws and policies surrounding the keeping of protected species became more strict…” _ from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. However, there is controversies, according to the Care for the Wild International (CWI) published a report in June 2008 that claimed the tigers at the temple are not rescued wild tigers, but are obtained by illegally trading with black market tiger farms. They say the real purpose is making money, not helping tigers.

Hum… Questionable place?!?
If you want check about the temple visit: http://www.tigertemple.org/Eng/index.php

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks...
    I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog!
    travel merchant account

    ReplyDelete

IF YOU LIKE THIS POST... SHARE IT! THANKS!

Share |

ATTENTION: POST A COMMENT

Your comments are very important for me! They inspire me to keep going... If you get a RED message: "Your request could not be processed. Please try again." Just hit the POST COMMENT button again. Thanks!















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...