Twitting... this post!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

SLEEP LIKE ROYALTY


Traditional bedroom by BARRY DIXON


Modern bedroom by JONATHAN ADLER

I confess that I have a certain attraction for canopy beds. My interest in canopy beds might be explained because I probably believe that I have a royal feeling about myself (heheh). According to history, canopy beds with curtains that completely enclose the beds were used by lords and noblemen in medieval Europe for warmth and privacy. Maybe I just grew up thinking that I was a princess… (Sometimes I still think that I am one, or I just would like to be one)! Who doesn’t, right?! Well, I know for sure that I am so many times a “girly girl” type; and canopy beds are certainly a romantic piece…and also kind of “girly”. But canopy beds can also be for “boys”, for a prince or king. It all depends on the design: the style of frame and the type of fabric you decide to decorate it with!
I found a lot canopy beds that I would like to show you… I confess again that I went crazy over them!!! I could not pick my favorite!

Here canopy beds for all tastes!!!



ASLI TUNCA bed


THOMAS JAYNE bed


UNKNOWN SOURCE - Southwest Aurora bed


SHAWN LOVELL METALWORKS - Tree bed


RESTORATION HARDWARE - Turner bed


MAZZALI - Wind bed


Contemporary canopy bed - Celeste


NIERNNAMM - Valois bed


NIERNNAMM - Arezzo bed


NIERNNAMM - Loire bed


OLY STUDIO - Walker bed


OLY STUDIO - Marco bed


OLY STUDIO - Willa Uphostered bed


Bedroom designed by Tom Stringer (Willa bed from Oly Studio)

6 comments:

  1. Interessante!

    de momento as q achei mais gostei:

    ASLI TUNCA bed

    Contemporary canopy bed - Celeste

    OBS : só agora li ,mas s te la vi
    Re total transmissão de pensamentos lhe chamei de princesa outrora,bjo e um queijo com goiabada pra vce
    arlete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh... eu acho que a cama da designer Asli Tunca e a mais parecida com sua personalidade! Qual voce acha que seria a ideal para mim?

    Um beijo e um queijo pra voce tambem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. re

    designer BARRY DIXON transmite muito vce
    romantic

    mas bem interessante mesmo ,vendo seu blog realça muito a diferença entre europa e america em relação a designer ..tal qual sua essencia , podiamos fazer um paralelo,dear o q acha!?

    é tão bom ver a influencia do design in life,mostra mesm personalidade e estilo d cda um ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum... que tipo de paralelo?! Qual e a diferenca de voce ve entre a Europa e USA? Gostaria de saber mais detalhes do seu ponto de vista...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minha amiga, concordo com voce que eu tenho um lado romantico... mas nao tao "frufru" quanto o quarto criado por Barry Dixon... Eu acho que prefiro um look mais "clean". Eu gosto do estilo simples e arquitetonico da cama Arezzdo da NIERNNAMM. Mas muito obrigada pelo comentario!

    ReplyDelete
  6. é esta Arezzdo da NIERNNAMM transmite vce romantic,ainda, engraçado passando os olhos por ela outrora tive a impressao d vce,mas lhe vejo mais frufru q tu ,

    um paralelo bem um estudo , inclusive não apenas de canopy beds .. mas de design em geral .. eu cá navego pouco ainda pela net ,..

    ReplyDelete

IF YOU LIKE THIS POST... SHARE IT! THANKS!

Share |

ATTENTION: POST A COMMENT

Your comments are very important for me! They inspire me to keep going... If you get a RED message: "Your request could not be processed. Please try again." Just hit the POST COMMENT button again. Thanks!















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...