Twitting... this post!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Maraú is one of the most beautiful refuges in Bahia/Brazil

Last week I was really busy with work/project; and then, the weekend came. I was exhausted, so I felt like relaxing a little bit! That’s why I haven’t blogged lately… Oh, well! I’ve been also trying to decide about our next (Mike and I) vacation in Brazil. Oh well. Here I came up with a new destination to Brazil… I had Jeri in mind before (you can see about Jeri in my last post under TRAVEL category). In the middle of the state of Bahia – Brazil we found a hidden paradise… Actually one of my best friends has been living there… Yeah! She and her family decided to live an alternative life… in paradise! Good for her and her family! Anyway, that’s how I became familiar with the place… Even, some Brazilians don’t know about Marau.

A little bit info about: the Peninsula of Marau is like an “arm” of the Dende’s Coast - located at the south of Bahia’s coastline. One side of the “arm” is surrounded by the open ocean and the other side by a bay, Camamu. Reading about it I found out that the nickname for the Marau Peninsula is “Brazilian Polynesia”, so you can have an idea… You know Polynesia… The landscape in Marau is really varied...between little islands, small fisherman villages, desert beaches, natural pools, corals, rivers, waterfalls, mangroves and abundant Atlantic jungle.

Map of the Peninsula


Bird's eye view of the peninsula, traveling in direction to the end...


Bird's eye view of the peninsula, traveling in direction to the land...


Blue water natural pools in Taipu de Fora


Waterfall and rivers...


Kioroa Eco Luxury Resort


Kioroa Eco Luxury Resort


Simple lifestyle...


And of course: GOOD, FRESH AND SPICY "BAHIANA" FOOD!


SHOULD WE GO?! We haven’t decided yet…

2 comments:

  1. Voce tem que ir!!

    Meu Deus eu nem sabia que esse cantinho de paraiso existia! Bom saber, de repente saria uma otima lua-de-mel! Espero que voce va e volte com mtas fotos pra gente ver Vou te adicionar, obrigada pela dica!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi Casa da Va! Pois e, eu sei que muitos brasileiros ainda nao descobriu... pode imaginar isso?! Mas vamos ser um pouquinho egoistas... Espero que demorem pra descobrir! Enquanto isso o paraiso e so de algums... Comprei passagem hoje, e to indo em Agosto! Obrigada por me adicionar! Agente se fala...

    Renata

    ReplyDelete

IF YOU LIKE THIS POST... SHARE IT! THANKS!

Share |

ATTENTION: POST A COMMENT

Your comments are very important for me! They inspire me to keep going... If you get a RED message: "Your request could not be processed. Please try again." Just hit the POST COMMENT button again. Thanks!















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...