Twitting... this post!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, well, well… While we don’t have the house and backyard to make a barbecue and host our friends and family, we found someone else’s backyard to enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend! Well, the truth is even if we had the “house and backyard” this past weekend I would not be able to have had guests anyway… My back pain was back and it was killing me, and I was in such a bad mood! However, I did not want to spend the whole weekend in bed, so I decided to go for a smooth walk in some beautiful nature or garden place. So Mike and I found this new place on Long Island. It was just perfect for the moment! Believe or not, I came back home feeling much better from my horrible back pain!





The Bayard Cutting Arboretum, a New York State Park, was donated to the Long Island State Park Region by Mrs. William Bayard Cutting and her daughter, Mrs. Olivia James, in memory of William Bayard Cutting,

"to provide an oasis of beauty and quiet for the pleasure, rest and refreshment of those who delight in outdoor beauty; and to bring about a greater appreciation and understanding of the value and importance of informal planting."


Great paths for serene walks...






Surrounded by peaceful water...


The kids love to feed the whole family of swans!



Sit down and relax!

NOTE: I apolized for the bad quality of the photos.  I did not have more battery in my regualar camera, so I had to use my cell phone camera!  Well, but it's not too bad, right?! 


THE BAYARD CUTTING ARBORETUM
Located at:
440 Montauk Highway
Great River, NY 11739
Phone: 631 581 1002

1 comment:

  1. The backyard is really looking great. I don't have such a backyard nearby but really think that their should be one where i can enjoy too with my friends.

    ReplyDelete

IF YOU LIKE THIS POST... SHARE IT! THANKS!

Share |

ATTENTION: POST A COMMENT

Your comments are very important for me! They inspire me to keep going... If you get a RED message: "Your request could not be processed. Please try again." Just hit the POST COMMENT button again. Thanks!















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...